Here is a list of my current studies and sources.
This gives time spent of study and goals.
Adjust WordPress settings as follows:
- Settings -> General: set the Site Title to something fairly long, and set the Tagline to something even longer. These settings will facilitate testing how the Theme handles these values.
- Settings -> Reading: set “Blog pages show at most” to 5. This setting will ensure that index/archive pagination is triggered.
- Settings -> Discussion: enable Threaded Comments, at least 3 levels deep. This setting will facilitate testing of Theme comment list styling.
- Settings -> Discussion: enable Break comments into pages, and set 5 comments per page. This setting will facilitate testing of Theme paginating link markup/styling.
- Settings -> Media: ensure that no values are set for max width or height of Embedded media. This setting will facilitate testing of the Theme $content_width setting/implementation. Note: If you are using the most recent version of WordPress, ignore this setting as it has been removed (https://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/21719).
- Settings -> Permalinks: ensure that a non-default permalink setting is selected, e.g. “Month and name”. This setting will facilitate stepping through the Theme Unit Tests.
Create at least two Custom Menus:
- Long Menu: all included Pages
- Short Menu: a menu of 2-3 Pages
List of Programming